ANTIQUE & ARTISTIC
The Rugosa was orignally built on Billingsgate Island in Wellfleet, in 1751 and floated a century later to its present location in North Eastham.
The original owner was Captain Isaiah H. Horton, a direct descendant of Constance Hopkins who traveled to the "New World" on the Mayflower. Her father was one of the 41 passengers to sign the Mayflower Compact in 1620.
The Rugosa was a family residence until the Penney Family turned it into a hotel in the 1980's. Known as the "Penny House" for many years, it was renamed to the Rugosa under new management by young entrepreneur Joey Rugo in 2019. It has been restored and gone through multiple updates to retain the original atmosphere of the house with a recent new touch of beauty and style.